Models are using their morning coffee grounds to massage their cellulite areas. The main ingredient in expensive cellulite creams is caffeine, so it makes a lot of sense. Simply sit on the edge of your bathtub, and rub the coffee grounds into those pesky areas. It could get messy, so make sure that you have a few newspapers laid out under you!
We know that diet works and thigh creams don’t when it comes to cellulite. So what else can we do besides just staring at it? Here are some simple steps:
- 1. Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables (preferably raw).
- 2. Keep away from processed foods.
- 3. Drink lots of water to rid cells of toxins.
- 4. Stay away from carbonated beverages (even low-calorie).
- 5. Avoid alcohol, which negatively affects the liver, the body’s main detoxifier and filter.
- 6. Try to walk or jog at least three times a week for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 7. Scrub the skin with a bristle brush or loofah. Brush in slow sweeps, always toward the heart. There are gloves and mitts available to do this, but they’re not necessary. Try to do this at least five minutes a day.
- 8. Copy the expensive herbal wraps offered by top spas. Mix 1 cup of corn oil with 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice and 2 teaspoons dried thyme. Massage into hip, thigh, and buttock areas. Cover with plastic wrap to lock in body heat. For extra results, lay a heating pad over each area for about five minutes.
Do you have it? How bad is it? Cellulite does have a way of progressing like a bad fungus.
Cellulite can be diagnosed by using the skin pinch and-roll technique. Gently take a large fold of normal skin and rub it between your thumb and forefinger. The skin should appear smooth.
Now repeat this test on areas where you think you have cellulite. You may have cellulite in the following stages:
The skin will show no visible signs, but bruises and cuts may be slow to heal in this area.
Looking closely at the skin, you’ll see broken veins and skin discoloration. Bruises will appear after a small hit .When pinched, the skin will feel thicker and slightly tender with slight ripples.
Source: The World’s Best-Kept Beauty Secrets – Diane Irons